View Single Post
Old 2014-12-08, 08:43   Link #1
kandahikaru

The Devil's Spice

Akuma no Koumiryou or The Devil’s Spice is an original light novel written and illustrated by Kanda Hikaru and edited by Kyle Tolray.

Genre:
Action, Comedy, Tragedy, Psychological, Cyberpunk

Story Synopsis:

What does it mean to be fair?

Ageha, chef by day and cyborg assassin by night, kills to confirm his answer to that question.

After taking out one of the richest and most powerful men in Japan, he finds Kaika, the victim’s prodigy daughter, seeking him out, not for revenge, but for her own dangerous ambitions.

The deceptive and mischievous teen offers the young man a deal he cannot refuse.

Ageha needs to juggle restaurant kitchen politics, his own bloodlust, and his new moonlighting job.

Kaika has her hands full orchestrating corporate backchanneling while trying to keep a leash on her incredibly capable, perhaps too capable, new employee.

With life and death on the line, the dubious alliance between these two broken individuals leads to-

*BANG*

“Don’t spoil the meal! We haven’t even served the first course!”

Volume 1: Wordpress / PDF / Wattpad

Chapter One: A Splash of Red

Chapter Two: Oil and Acid

Chapter Three: Emulsion

Chapter Four: Resting

Chapter Five: Blanched

Chapter Six: Breakage

Chapter Seven: Best Served Cold

Chapter Eight: Ripening

Chapter Nine: Merenda

Chapter Ten: Salt and Pepper

Chapter Eleven: Defrost

Chapter Twelve: Unveiling

Chapter Thirteen: Marination

Chapter Fourteen: Flash Freeze

Chapter Fifteen: Boiling Point

Epilogue

Illustrations -Possible Spoilers-

Definition of Terms

Volume 2: (Cover only with teaser text -mild spoiler-)

Wordpress

Afterword:

Special thanks go to Kyle Tolray for doing a fantastic job editing this light novel. I have learned many things from your work, and I hope I can apply them to the following volumes.

Gratitude goes to my pilot reader who has contributed greatly to the story content by sharing his ideas. He also pointed out parts that are too cryptic, an issue that I have struggled with in my writing. This story is far easier to understand because of his help. His impressions on the illustrations also prevented me from publishing physically abnormal characters.

Many thanks go to the readers who have actually completed the novel. Your comments and insights are greatly appreciated. Know that I consider all of your input when writing the continuation of this story.

Volume 2 is in the works. Please look forward to it!
kandahikaru is offline   Reply With Quote