View Single Post
Old 2009-04-12, 07:01   Link #93
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain View Post
Simply put there is far more actual story being told in the novels than there is in the anime. It would take three or four seasons to duplicate the novel storytelling in its entirety, and it does disappoint me it had to be rushed so much to tell it in one season, but I'm grateful the anime was made either way.
Oh yeah, I'm also very happy it was made. I dare to say it'll most certainly be one of my top 3 shows for 2009. And yes, there's far more content in the novels than there is in the anime, but I wouldn't have wanted a 1:1 recreation of that material. The result would probably have been too slow paced for TV since it would include all thoughts and monologues. I think the show was fine the way it was, though I would have liked to see them flesh it out some more. Add a third cour (make it 36 episodes), include some (but just some) inner thoughts, include more scenes from the novel, show Ami some love and lower the pacing slightly. That way I think the adaptation would have been as good as it could possibly be. It would probably not have made a huge difference though, and I think they're not very far from having used the content to something that resembles its full potential. For an adaptation that had to fit 10 Light Novels into 25 episodes it did very well in my opinion. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
I like your review, do you have a site or blog where I can view them?
Thanks, but I'm sorry, I don't have anything like that to be honest. I post most of my reviews on another board but those are written in my first language (Swedish).