View Single Post
Old 2013-01-01, 20:18   Link #115
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Generally, the most sensible thing to expect when a successful first season gets a sequel is more of the same.
Not necessarily true. I tend to expect some kind of progression; as a story should move from Point A to B, and if in the end we're still where we left off, I can't say it was a particularly good story.

Now I've certainly enjoyed more static series such as YuruYuri, but even in cases like that it would find ways to outdo itself, and well be surprising.

Quote:
I think it's totally fine that people who generally disliked the first season will come back for the sequel to see how it all ends. But I sincerely hope that people won't act all angry and mock-crestfallen when it continues developing themes and elements that are already established as part of the show's premise and should be expected given the way the first season developed and ended. It's a continuation, not a re-imagining. By now people should at least know what to expect, and should take their expectations (based on the first sesaon) into consideration if trying to "critique" what the show is going to end up doing within its own established premise.
Hah, well I understand your point, though I am no longer that particularly invested in the series to be seriously pissed off in most cases. Though there are certain parts of the show that feel like a chore and others not.

Still, I wouldn't say that I have no desire to watch this, just that the odds are much more uncertain. Though granted, I usually do not hang around much once I feel a show has outlived its entertainment valuem I mean take, SAO, I could spend each episode tearing it apart, but instead I decided to drop it without really much extra commentary.

But truth be told, I am highly interested in a gothic lolita cosplayer and occasionally a Char wannabe, so don't mind me if I have an urge to see how this all ends. I never said I was fair.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote