Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-10, 16:52   Link #2110
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Matrim's point about Honey & Clover is a good one. And about SHnY, which I can be almost as offensively in favor of as I am with Simoun. Taste varies, and it's impossible to securely predict who will like what. I'm probably just so frustrated by the fact that a show I think is one of the greatest ever has such a small viewership. And as I've said before, it makes me worry about my taste, so I get defensive. Sorry, all. (I think the apology is warranted, at least for prolonging the negative atmosphere.)

But although in general I'm certainly a cultural relativist, I can't honestly abandon my own judgment that Simoun has depths that some people just aren't seeing. It's normal. I myself can't see the greatness of Mushishi because the mushi, the protagonist, the episodic structure and most of the stories just don't engage me.

On a brighter note, I have recently been jumping around the episodes looking for screencaps and have been overwhelmed with emotion and admiration again and again. Mamiina on the deck, with Neviril and the Plumbum priestesses. Rodore cutting her hair. Her lullaby. Erif's cry. Limone smiling through the green haze of the Emerald. Neviril at the hearing. Onashia with Yun. The madness of the Temple One. Mamiina among the flowers. I even found it enlightening to watch without sound. I saw beautiful things I hadn't noticed before.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote