View Single Post
Old 2010-08-15, 11:53   Link #2438
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I forgot about Ilya...hmmm...lol...no win here.
Well, and Rider, who is also pretty popular. Not to mention Archer.

Quote:
How would it be bad? They can't make a sequel that's almost the same as HF. So if they give a prologue to the sequel, saying they saved Sakura and stuff, then it'd be fine.
Because it wouldn't make sense without explanation. I would want to know how they did it, because killing Zouken is certainly not easy. And, I certainly wouldn't be impressed with them just bumping Sakura into the background with a few lines saying "oh, by the way, we saved Sakura too".

Quote:
Either way, if there was going to be a sequel, they would have to make one for each route.
Well, perhaps, but that would be a lot of effort.

Quote:
One reason I'd like a sequel is to see Shirou become Archer. Archer is from Fate, right?
No. Archer comes from some unspecified route. Likely it was somewhat like Fate, but it wasn't Fate itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It wouldn't really be HF at all if Archer and Saber survived, would it? Archer being alive negates everything that Shirou does, since without Archer's arm he's pretty much useless. Sure, Archer can do that stuff instead, but that starts to veer it quite a bit off of HF. Then, when you add in Saber surviving, you make it pretty much impossible to be HF, since a big part of it was Saber's corruption and Shirou having to fight her. If she's not corrupt, what holds him, Rider, and Archer (now) back from helping Rin's assault against Dark Sakura?
Well, when I say "HF Good", I mean "an ending something like HF True, but with Ilya, Archer and Saber around". You're right that it wouldn't go the same way as HF, but that doesn't matter, because they're hardly going to explain the details (like they didn't explain them with Melty Blood). The final outcome would still be the same, and that's what ultimately matters.

Also, you could get around this by having Sakura corrupt Saber and Archer/Shirou then uncorrupt her (if that's possible...). And, with Archer around Shirou would pick up on his own abilities, and thus become more awesome. Archer going to help Rin fight Sakura wouldn't be a problem, because he'd just trace Rule Breaker and thus save her.

Quote:
We all know you love HF beyond belief, but the easiest route to do a sequel on is UBW (Good is easier than True, but both are easy). The only real change that needs to be done is Ilya being used as the grail like in Fate instead of Shinji, which doesn't truly change anything.
Yes, it does, because if that were the case Rin wouldn't be in any danger (from Kotomine, anyway), and Shinji would still be a total dick (and alive...). Replacing Shinji with Ilya as the Grail would change quite a few things, actually, albeit not as much as the hypothetical "HF Good" end would need to.

Quote:
Also, Archer would need some prana at the end to prevent his disappearance. Those two minor tweaks, which don't ultimately affect the story, are quite easy to accomplish comparatively.
Except that Rin can't support two servants, Sakura is still stuck with Zouken and Rider is gone. HF is the only ending where an arbitrary number of servants can remain after the war.

Quote:
Ilya says "Hi".
How is Ilya a sequel hook?
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote