View Single Post
Old 2012-12-16, 16:25   Link #188
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I wish you could let us know more details about how it was being abused and about the specific cases. Call me uncreative, but I can't imagine what that scenario would look like. I'm curious about what was so egregious as to result in shutting down the entire system.
Like it was already stated: some people did sign a negrep with another username.
Others were seen as cycling their reputation by continuously posrep themselves, the so called clique as we stated before.
Conversively, we noticed that some members were "bullied" by others who kept negrepped them every chance they could. At one point, I've seen a member neg repped 10 times within barely 1-2 months period, by merely 1-2 members alone.

Such abuse aren't the only problems: underhanded way for insults and the likes, so many complaints of people having negrep, thinking they didn't "deserve" that, a lot of people keeping baiting people from negrep and so forth.

As far as the reports went, we had vastly more issues with reputation in general than benefits. In fact, we had to dedicate a "rep abuse thread" in the mod section to deal and follow "special cases".