View Single Post
Old 2013-01-03, 05:15   Link #33
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Not all of them, btw, but they seem to follow this formula:

1. Have a ridiculously sob backstory.
2. Ditch your moral values and become like the honey badger who doesn't give a crap.
3. Ditch your friends, because they can't help you, and could even be an obstacle to you.
4. Go on a quest for UNLIMITED POWER!
5. Become so overpowered that not even the final villain can TOUCH YOU.
6. If the final villain somehow overpowers you, know that the Deus Ex Machina is still out there to save you, if you're lucky.
7. ???
8. PROFIT!

If you can't follow all of these (I mean ALL OF THESE), people will call you a wimp and never consider you as a badass.

If somebody can prove me wrong by giving me a RECENTLY POPULAR badass MC who is still a paragon of justice and a solid believer in the Power of Friendship, be my guest.

Spoiler:

I have been in an actual argument over this one.

Thank you.
I must say, I don't quite understand what you are complaining about

In a fiction show, we know the MC will beat the big bad. If the MC is not more powerful than the big bad, he will need some deux ex Machina to beat it (5 and 6)

Also, the big bad always disregard moral issue (thus they are the bad guys), thus if the MC care about moral issues or friends (moral issues and underpower friends limit the full power of the MC), he will need to significantly overpower to secure the victory. If not, he will need deux ex Machina to help him. (2,3,5 and 6)
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote