View Single Post
Old 2009-01-15, 18:12   Link #56
dream-seeker
soar high

Send a message via Yahoo to dream-seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I don't think this has anything to do with Yumi becoming Rosa Chinensis. I have no doubt Sachiko knows Yumi will be Rosa Chinensis due to Yumi's nature and love of her friends in the Rose Mansion. I believe Sachiko expects Yumi to become Rosa Chinensis when she leaves but at the same time Yumi knows this. She would never let Sachiko down by not becoming Rosa Chinensis even if she didn't want to be even though it's clear she does want to do it. Her becoming Rosa Chinensis I think is a non-issue.

I think the point of getting a soeur was more because Sachiko understood why Yumi didn't have one. The reason being that she was so attached to Sachiko that she closed herself off to looking for one. If Sachiko didn't tell Yumi to get one then Yumi would have kept avoiding it and in the process possibly lose possible candidates later on, which she might come to regret.
I agree, becoming Rosa Chinensis is not an issue for Yumi. Let's say she love her friends and would stand beside them. Does Sachiko only concern about continuing tradition? Or Yumi too attached to her grande soeur? I find that issue too shallow to look for a soeur. In the end Sachiko already expected Yumi to be Rosa Chinensis that would need a soeur. Wasn't Sachiko making decisions already?

Why does she require Yumi to have a soeur? And then asked it on their anniversary? She has not brought up that subject a long time ago. And having no soeur does not incapacitate Yumi on her job. Unless Sachiko wants more help for Yamayurikai or to see who Yumi picks. Still I think the main reason why Sachiko wants Yumi to have a soeur was she wants someone to look after Yumi when she leaves. And Tradition is an excuse wasn't it?