View Single Post
Old 2009-10-23, 07:36   Link #73
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Hmmm, never had horse meat. I did have duck meat _and found it more than exquisite_ but I guess that's pretty popular. We have a horse meat vendor near to where I live in Sicily but I never tried going there. And you're officially the first person I've ever known to have eaten Kangaroo meat. I've never met a single australian person who actually had that according to my knowledge (I'm guessing that's where you're from since you mentioned it). What's that taste like iyho?
You should try horse meat, it's a lot like beef, just tastier and with less fat! And duck yum yum, especially if its crusty/crunchy. And I'm faaar from Australia, although that is where I first tried kangaroo meat. Though I think locals don't like it that much, kinda feels weird since they are living with them and all. It tastes kinda like beef too, just tougher and tastier (imho) also has very little fat and much nutrition. Probably one of the beast meats as far as quality goes. Besides that, kangaroo meat is also very environment friendly, since kangaroos emit very little methane. Another weird meat I tried was camel meat, lol. But I can't get that here