Thread: Joshiraku
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-28, 15:35   Link #273
Midonin
Last Engage

Kigu may have a point about kids liking round things. The Smile Pact? Round. Wizard Rings? Round. Gorisaki's face? Round. Precure references showed up quite a bit in Zetsubou Sensei too, I wonder what it is Kumeta has for that franchise. Loved Kukuru's infinitely-repeating Buddhist thing. The plan to make them chubby wasn't a bad idea, girls with a little extra something can be appealing. Kigu's rendition of the monstrous Mickey Mouse isn't appealing for anyone, except maybe Warren Spector. The extreme amount of Marii butt focus (and 2001 jokes) were great - keep talking about Marii's ass all you want, I am eager to listen. The foreigner bit sorta reminded me of Commdore Perry from Zetsubou, but with him seeking to "protect" the girls instead of "open" them.

Kukuru's hairstyle in the zoo sketch looked pretty good on her. Everyone has so many different casual clothes, and yet we've rarely seen them in the style of clothing decided on as casual in the first episode. I wonder if the naked mole rat segment will inspire any fanartists to draw Kukuru as Kim Possible. The other mole rat related thing she could be drawn doing, as implied by that scene, is not safe for work. The best gag in this segment was the dead-eyed stare given when Chatran/Milo and Otis was brought up. Animal abuse isn't cool. The reference to Polar Bear Cafe makes me wonder how the planning session for this anime went, if they were able to get in a reference to a series that aired at the same time as this one.

Oh hai iDOLM@STER Producer. This segment shows why Marii is my favorite character - her life isn't as bad as she thinks it is, in fact it's pretty good. But the universe conspires against her to make her unhappy, and it's hilarious. Who knew Marii could bring out the rare Dark Tetora? The MomoClo outfits the girls were wearing are from "Z Densetsu", I checked. The start and the end of this segment were peaceful, almost dreamlike. The concept of the end of the world fascinates me on some level, so to have it be initiated by an idle Marii is a much calmer way than one would expect humanity to die off.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote