View Single Post
Old 2006-11-02, 20:36   Link #23
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Pretty good episode i think 2 aspects of episode 5 caught my attention. the first was how Alice really does care about Oland of course she cares as his commanding officer but i really can see her developing feelings for him later on. Shes not really sure what to do so she decides not to visit him anymore which is something reflecting her age.

The second thing was we really got to see and hear what Oland thinks about him self. We have all ways heard him say he likes section III but this time around hes emotion really came though. Its understandble that he would have some type of complex about the latern and the fact that he has killed a lot of people. The feeling that he cant do anything with out latern is a self confidence problem that he is trying to over come. I think the steps that he took while going towards the old man symbolized Oland take steps forward in his reslove to make the country a better and also depending on his comarads. Seeing Oland's personality grow and develop will be a great part of the series as well as Alice growth and see how mature she will become by the end of series,

There is more than one way to get information and Orlend proved it never underestimate a man with charm and the willingness to lie to some unsuspecting women to get the info he needs. At least he got some information and managed to get a little nookie in process as well. I get the feeling the Kauplan institute is either behind the ATT's creation or they are trying to create something else and are using Oland as research material i always found it odd that Oland was permitted to rejoin the military with no questions asked or a backround check.

Spoiler for My favorite 2 scenes: