View Single Post
Old 2008-07-06, 06:51   Link #72
Fevvers
a regular van veen

I haven't watched Someday's Dreamers so I didn't really have any expectations for this. I'm glad it doesn't disappoint. Err... At least not by much.

While watching the first episode, I couldn't get Beck-vibes out of my mind, and lo and behold, I find out the series is directed by Kobayashi. I dig, man, I dig. I love his laid-back direction in Beck and I certainly love it here. What I don't like though is the scripting (although, I can't say whether the fault lies with the original material or not), some dialogues seemed forced and just plain sappy. They're not too much that I get put off the whole episode, just some wee bit cringe-inducing moments there.

I’m also not too sold on Sora’s VA; what is it with the Japanese and their love for squeaky, childish, grating voices? It's neither cute, nor attractive, nor believable; what it is is annoying. This is why rarely do I like Japanese dubs nowadays. God.

I also find the blend of live-action backgrounds and cartoony characters quite jarring. Let's see if I get use to them in time.

Despite my complaints though, I still really enjoyed the episode. Gaah, what am I saying. I love Kobayashi. I’ll watch this for him alone.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote