View Single Post
Old 2011-09-13, 17:30   Link #63
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
10/10 for me. I'm a sap like that. (Also, I need to go and listen to "Another Heaven" like, right now before my recitation period.)

While I loved the episode all around just for the sense of closure it gives, I especially love the last minute or so when Kurisu and Okabe meet; because while it obviously notes the fact that she remembers him to some extent, responding to her old nickname, she doesn't remember him completely, and I like that kind of touch. It's just enough to avoid the old idea of her remembering him out of love, and just enough to hint that even in this new world where she has buried memories of him, they still might have a future together.

(Now I'm curious as to how, exactly, Okabe goes about winning her back!)

Also, what exactly happened to Kurisu's father? Was he arrested, or did he just have a mental breakdown because he lost the time travel paper? I couldn't exactly tell from the few seconds or so they showed him.

Another small, nice touch: seeing Moeka actually interacting with other people, and tentatively forming bonds with them. I don't know why, but that scene really cemented for me that this was a new, unknown future for all of the characters.