View Single Post
Old 2014-11-21, 11:20   Link #28
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't get how Sibyl thinks. They say they can't disable Shisui's dominator (what about the others nobody is supposed to use?) because she still has a clear hue and doing so would be admitting the system is flawed, and yet they as good as authorized Akane to kill Kamui using a gun, which is an even worse admission that the system doesn't work. Which is it? You can't have both. Either they believe in their own system to an absurd extent, or they don't.
I actually found that scene entertaining. I rather thought it was Sybil taking a shot at Akane for not shooting Kamui. Just as she couldn't compromise her beliefs, they also couldn't with theirs.

(And really, as long as they haven't pushed these two characters to their limit, the story wouldn't progress much. These two will be stuck in this prolonged stalemate.)

I hope I am not opening something beaten to death (Just glimpsing the episodes now and then). One thing too on how they think. While there are some flaws (and admittedly they all fuck up everyone in the process) they don't target the heart of the problem; only some holes on Sybil's rating system, not the whole establishment as a whole. And now that the police (not familiar with the term) has narrowed some lead, this kinda lessen the threat that Sybil perceives on itself. So I get somewhat they are not threatened that much as to expend exceptions.

(EDIT: As for the series so far, the animation is not as good as the previous season. I felt they used a lot of shortcuts in animation and they feel unnatural(?). But then again, I find some scenes in S1 the same too. Well, hey they are willing to use blood, so I guess there's some trade-off).