View Single Post
Old 2009-04-20, 08:38   Link #2039
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
It's just that I don't think the scout rounds would have the capacity to hold enough magic to last as long as they did without being recharged by Nanoha continuously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
I would agree with Jiiny_C here. depends how AMF works, but if it works by conitnuously destroying the links, well, one will have to continuously pump magic in it.
Maybe, maybe not. Size might not matter in this case. We know that despite some creatures have large linker cores, the amount of magic is not that high (A's). A real world example would be nuclear weapons. Relatively small mass, huge energy output. But my examples are not very good ones... linker cores and nuclear weaponry not scout rounds.

Also, if Nanoha has to continuously pump in more mana, would the AMF in the Cradle erode the mana as it travels from Nanoha to the scout round, hence wasting more mana?

Perhaps I need to describe how I view the scout round. Currently my opinion of the scout round consist of a few parts. The scout itself, a dense packet of energy, a renewable shield protecting both scout and energy source and a transmitter. The scout itself is protected against AMF by the shield which is constantly eroded but draws energy/mana from the packet to renew it. It searches the area until the last bits of mana where it simply transmitted a not found to Nanoha before expiring or a target located with the coordinates.