View Single Post
Old 2010-04-06, 09:00   Link #1876
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
lol then its gonna be battler thats gonna be the bad guy in the end
What Lyrical is saying is that there is no bad guy. At the end, each scenario has no common conclusion, that because of the various circumstances of the family and servants, it's a different person each time. However, we know there are some people who are never the culprit, because of the red. Natushi, Battler, Nanjo, and because of logic, Eva and Maria.
I can't completely agree with that though, Lyrical. I came to the conclusion that Beato challenged Battler to her game so that he could find the single mastermind culprit, and gain the determination to save the family, and knowing Ryuukishi, the culprit as well. I believe that while there may be a different cast of culprits for each episode, there is a single mastermind who doesn't change for all episodes.
But you're right, for some reason she couldn't just appear infront of him and tell him "X is the culprit." She had to drag him through hell and back with her game so that he could find the out for himself. My solution for this involves my belief that Beato is Shannon, and that George is the mastermind. Even though Shannon has loved Battler for several years, it's only natural that she would begin to accept George's flirting, if he was persistent, and it seemed like Battler was never to return. So she loves both Battler, the hero who will save the family, and George, the culprit who will kill them all. Even though she knows it's right, she can't bring herself to pass judgement on George. But she's not sure if Battler is the person she fell in love with six years ago, so she tests him with her game. Episode 4's scene with Beato retiring was her giving up, no longer confident that Battler had the capabilities to save the family from the murders.
And yes, the rules of the game allows for multiple truths to co-exist. Like how Erika solved Episode 5 completely with her "Natsuhi is the culprit" story. We know now, because of information revealed at a later time that she was incorrect, but at the time she made her theory, it worked enough to kill the Illusion of the Witch.
So I say this: With certain levels of knowledge, multiple truths are allowed to exist. But with all the knowledge of the games available, there is only one truth that can exist.
I really like your electron spin analogy though.

@Smeckledorf:
I'm thinking along the same lines. Because of his anger towards Rudolf he left the family, and in his hot-headedness, completely forgot his promise towards Beato(At that time, completely Shannon though). I can't quite connect the dots to why this causes people to die yet though.