View Single Post
Old 2012-12-11, 09:21   Link #533
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
If Shizuku is a demonstrably positive influence on Haru, then what do you think would be achieved by taking her away from him? Shizuku herself is not acting out of charity or any misguided fantasy, so why not trust her to handle herself with her own judgement? To say that Haru should be wrested away from Shizuku, overriding the person in question's own decisions, when Haru's behaviour has been portrayed as understood to be negative and unhealthy even by Haru himself is to suggest that redemption is impossible even when people are willing or even desperate to try for it. And that is an even more troubling perspective for me than treating this series as cheap fantasy.
But no one is saying that. This is a fictional relationship not a real one. I am not making any judgements towards real people. I am not really going to take Shizuku away from Haru. Ultimately we know who is going to end up with who.

I am just saying I am not enjoying the way this relationship is being written.

The fact that Shizuku is basically a restraint for Haru and if she wasn't around he might revert back is not a well written romance for me.

Perhaps Haru will have some amazing character development later on (as mentioned above) and that will change my feelings on this relationship but for now I am just not personally a fan.