View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 15:58   Link #56
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep 5 and the show just keeps on keeping on. This was one of those episodes that was already over when I thought it was half done. Everyone is over the top, but the characters do come through.

The owl-kid is played by Kugimiya Rie, so it could be a girl. I haven't noticed anything in the script so far that makes the kid's gender clear. From the end credits, the character's name is 河了貂, if anyone else wants to search around and find out (but not put it in this thread, even under spoiler tags, if you do).

I'm happy that they are portraying Qin Shihuang as positively as they are. For all his brutalities, he did create China by conquering and bringing together all the various ancient countries there, and that made possible the peaceful centuries of the Han. He was like a Napoleon who won and created one Europe. It reminds me of Souten Kouro a couple of years ago, which made Cao Cao (usually the villain in the Three Kingdoms) its hero. That was also quite justifiable: if Cao Cao had won, China might have been unified and at peace three centuries earlier.

This is a kids' show, and not really historically accurate, but it still has some historical interest.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-07-02 at 16:31.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote