View Single Post
Old 2012-07-28, 12:13   Link #1608
styr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Sword skills are basically the moves that you do for the cool attacks, it is there for every weapon, and still called a "Sword Skill"
Why would they use a specific phrase like "sword skill" and not something all encompassing like "weapon skill?" It would be a very confusing term to anyone that didn't know how the in-game mechanics worked, i.e. the audience. I'm sure if we had access to an encyclopedic list of in-game skills and what not this would be extremely easy to solve but the author so far has only listed skills performed by weapons in the LN/manga/etc that Kirito/Asuna/Coper use. I don't think there was ever a time when Kirito mentioned anything about a non sword-type weapon performing a skill... but maybe the author just didn't want to bog down the audience with a bunch of skills that are rarely if ever seen by the MC? Idk.

Since Silica does use 1h sword skill for using daggers, the only proof that I can think of that other weapons can use "sword skills" is Agil in episode 2, and the mace user in episode 3.
styr is offline   Reply With Quote