Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2007-11-25, 15:39   Link #2705
dauthik
Guitar Hero

Send a message via AIM to dauthik
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Personally this episode could have been made into a 2-Part feature that would retain Eri's character but pass this process on to her sister. That would have been quite interesting to see what her sister went through and how it had affected her.
*blink* Eri has a sister?

As a side note, regardless of any transgender issues, Simoun could have had stronger ratings if it had a stronger opening. This isn't to say that it was a bad opening, it was just confusing and not entirely engaging. I watched the first episode of Evangelion and I was hooked. I watched the first episode of Kaleido Star and even though I didn't get the series until almost two years later, I totally remembered it the entire time and ended up getting the series. I watched the first episode of Simoun and I was like huh? Okay, lots of yuri, evidently, but plot? what? wait, did they just kill of a main character? WHAT'S GOING ON. Why is there a yellow-haired mickey mouse flying in?

Also, I don't think it helped that Simoun looked like a plotless yurifest, but had a story more intricate and thought-provoking than 90% of anime.
dauthik is offline   Reply With Quote