View Single Post
Old 2008-09-10, 11:45   Link #15
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Fresh cheese plz.
lol... No such thing.

One needs an effort, a true effort, to gain sympathy for a typical Shounen lead. Dude, why are you sticking your nose in a fight that doesn't concern you? Do you know how long we have yearned to see Yamaji to do something more other than igniting himself in flames with his portable gasoline can and the mysterious match? Yama-ji is stading there, listening to the exchange with Amagai (more like whining... wah wah wah... baby cry) about how he killed Amagai's father. Yama-ji acknowledges that he killed Amagi's father. He then looks at him, but falls short of saying, "yeah, what about it." That seems to irk Amagai a lot. Amagai launches a fire attack at Yama-ji. Yamaji is still standing nonchalantly.

And that's where I look at my screen dumbstruck.

This punk Ichigo gets right in the middle of the incoming attack toward Yama-ji, and nullifies the attack. What's worse, he gets into an argument with Amagi. This exchange of dialogue reads something like this:
Amagi: Looks like you don't understand. Get the f*** out.
Ichigo: No, YOU don't understand.
Then Ichigo powers up. Only if this twerp knew that Amagi can absorb the Shinigmai power, and has done the same thing just moments earlier to Yamaji. Amagai actually bragged about it earlier in Ichigo's presence on how Yama-ji can't use his power.

I don't think I need to elaborate further how agitated I was feeling toward this noble Shounen hero who typically is very clueless. Why, oh why, are you defending Yama-ji? Surely he isn't the ruling Captain class just because this old man looks ripped without his shirt? And then the worst happen: we ran out of time. Further development have to wait till the next episode.

I never cried watching an anime of any sort, but I tell you this.... I was very close in this occasion.

I think I need lunch, and then I'll hit the gym to do some punching. I'm also considering to stick Ichigo's face on the bag so I can go to work with extra motivation.

Just kidding. I'm not a dork.

Seriously, Ichigo ruined the episode for me. I don't think we will have another chance to see Yama-ji fight in a manga-adapted episode, so this anime-originial/filler episodes are the only chance we got. And this dum-dum shounen hero is being a poor sport and trying to steal the spotlight.

P.S. Some screens: