View Single Post
Old 2008-01-14, 10:04   Link #113
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I think you're looking at my statements the wrong way. Yes, I know that things happened to advance the plot of the story as a whole. It's that the fight itself had no plot at all. It's like, hit hit hit, flame flame flame, ribbon, ribbon, ribbon. The fight was pointless, as nothing else was really going on other than just sword clashes.
And discovering Pheles wants to get Johan back, and learning about her unrestricted spell, Inbelna, and the Oga incident, and discovering that Pheles is weakening. All that happened during the fight.

Quote:
I mean, should I try to write down the events of the battle, I'd get maybe a page of writing with the dialouge. It's useless.
Yeah, you won't get lot of written dialogue during this fight, because this fight lasted an astonashing six minutes. Hard to cram more then a page of written dialogue in a fight of six minutes without making it go Naruto, and having both sides staring at eachother while talking for the entire fight.

Quote:
Plot developing again does not mean that it contained plot. It means that it leads to possibilities of new plot.
To develop plot you need plot. This episode had a lot of plot, and used it to develop what we already knew.

Quote:
What did I see in this episode? Boring useless fighting. In the twin battle, we had Shana finding them and attacking them, we had her destruction of the flower, we had her capture, we had Yuji and Margery's destruction of the applicable torches, Shana's escape, the stealing of Shana's sword, the destruction of the twins, Yuji's finding the music box, Margery's fight with Metamorphosis, etc. All contained within the arc.
Here, we had clash clash, ribbon ribbon. There was no plot inside the fight at all.
Ironic that you are using the twin battle as an example, as the amount of plot we gained from it paled in comparison to the shorter fight here. I mean, if I use your counting system of plot (the stealing of the sword is plot? What about Oga getting trashed? That can actually have long-terms results for Margery and Co.) I can add some more plot then what I already wrote above. Once again, this fight lasted six minutes, and it still delivered more plot then one that spanned one and a half episode.

Quote:
Just look at season one. When the hunter came to school and that girl was impaled, Yuji didn't just cry and make a stupid speech to Shana. He knew that what went on in the Fuzetsu stayed in it. His problem was using her to make repairs. Tanaka had experianced life in a Fuzetsu, and he knows the world. It was stupid to me.
That was Yuji, this is Tanaka. I think we can safely asume that these two people are vastly different from one another.

And you are seriously underestimating the psycological impact of seeing someone by all acounts getting killed in front of your eyes. Yes, Tanaka experienced life in a Fuzetsu before, but all he did was sit at the Haridan most of the time, and the only times he didn't he was never actually around the site of battle. Knowing people get hurt and seeing people get hurt are two vastly different things. Add to that that Oga's 'death' was not exactly the most clean one and I would have complained if Tanaka had acted casual on the matter.