View Single Post
Old 2013-01-29, 20:08   Link #2224
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
"Killing power"? How would such a thing be measured though? By the supposed strength of the attacker? Or the amount of killing intent behind the attack? Either way, why should either really matter? I mean whether a character gets cleaved in two by someone really strong or really weak, should it make much of a difference if the same type of injury or the same amount of damage is dealt?

Well either way, feel free continue speculating. I just personally find it easier to believe that any and all fatal injuries in this series are only fatal at Kubo's discretion. It prevents me from having to think about something I don't believe was meant to be thought about too seriously.
Well yeah to a certain degree all of it is at Kubo's discretion, that is probably the only logical explanation.

But if I had to defend that there is logic to Bleach ... well they are spiritual bodies so it could be another dimension to how damaged a character is. Also you have to consider the flow of the story and what that particular cut meant. Like if the person was cut right off the bat it may be minor or fatal whereas if it was like inbetween a fight with no real build up it the same type of cut may not have the same affect. Context is important especially with Bleach because....unfortunately everything only ever makes sense in the current context of the story -_-
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote