View Single Post
Old 2003-11-29, 21:59   Link #60
sothis

Ayatsuri Sakon is seriously a damn good series, but no one knows about it, it seems.

only episodes 1-3 were subtitled by a well known group (bakamx) who doesn't exist anymore. episodes 4-16 are available, but extremely fucking hard to get... and done by no one you'd recognize, probably.

17-26, aren't available. and odds are, they won't be. why? cause the dvds are INSANELY hard to get. they are rare, even in japan. the cost? 60-80 u.s. dollars, PER DVD. and there are 9 dvds. also, no HK raws exist that i know about (else i would have bought them and sent them to a fansubber, myself), and no TV raws are floating out there that i know of either (the show is from 99)

its quite frustrating, because like i said, it really is a damn good series. essentially about a guy and his puppet, who solve really gruesome murders (a detective show, of sorts). it isn't a kiddy type show at all... very, very dark and quite beautiful. the series goes in definite arcs (cases)... and 16, isnt the last part of that specific arc >_<

i also would like to see any other rumic works involving the mermaid stories. i was told that there are more than just scar and forest... and since i liked those two (and the currently being released forest tv), i'd love to see others.
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote