View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 17:05   Link #87
gibits
Endless

I gave it an 8. I really liked this series and thought it was really good. I never read the light novels or the manga, and that rating was based on just the anime. I really hope it gets a 2nd season.

Somethings I loved were:
The main character. Kirito was OP as hell and yet very vulnerable at the same time. When he collects admirers, it's easy to see why. He's strong, noble and good looking. He also never gives up and goes to great lengths for people he cares about. The series also portrays it well rather that state it outright, we see him demonstrate those traits. Well him being good looking is outright stated (Klien commenting on it in the first episode) but the rest were well done and he never comes off as cocky. In fact he states that he is powerless in the grand scheme of things.

The romance: it caught me by surprise but I soon found that his relationship with Asuna was a central element of the story and it was well done. The producers didn't keep it G-rated. They kiss, they had sex, got married, buy a house and even adopt a kid. Sure it progressed fast but in a world were you are fighting demons and risking death, love usually blossms fast.

Some things I think they can work on:
1) I hated that Asuna was a damsel in distress in ALO. She was a very good female character in SAO and to see her reduced into someone to save sucked. I believe she will be coming to Kirito's resue in a future arc so I guess that should make up for it.

2) Kirito's mind games: I know he's supposed be very naive, but he really has to stop leading girls on. We all know he only has eyes for Asuna but stop doing things like:
1) being badass in front of them
2) looking awesome in in your black trenchcoat
3)sleeping in the same bed as them
4) grabbing/holding hands with them. Especially when you are falling out of the sky, flying and sleeping next to them.
5) throwing them over your shoulder while doing something badass.
6) dance with them in the clouds.
7) hug them with your hands on the small of their back.
I was naive once and I never thought of those as innocent thing to do with a girl, especially with my sister.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote