View Single Post
Old 2010-07-13, 16:30   Link #3036
Leafsnail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
But if the "author" can make that mistake (if it's a mistake and not a lie), how can we be sure they competently wrote the narrative at all? And if they're lying, how can we trust anybody's internal narration?
I don't think we've ever been allowed to trust anyone's internal narration except the GM's anyway... I mean, other internal narrations have referred to Kinzo being alive, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
No it has not. All of the games so far have not used the detective to prevent further crimes from occurring. That has never happened anywhere. Even episode 5 leaves the possibility open for murders to continue.

EDIT: Well you could argue Erika's seals, but that doesn't really prevent murders it just fabricates an alibi where there wasn't one before, and Erika admits that herself.
I mean... the detective always works against the murderer. So Battler was always determined to stop the murderer from killing any more people (within the game board), even if he never really managed to make a serious attempt to do this.

He could've wrongly assumed that, fundamentally, the detective was opposed to the murderer in this way.

And I thought suit-Beato represented a Beatrice who was actually being observed, or at least who was being claimed to be observed. As in, the "19th guest" who was supposedly in episode 2.

Come to think of it, who the HELL invented this 19th guest? I mean... it must've been on Krauss and Natsuhi's orders, right?