View Single Post
Old 2011-11-22, 00:37   Link #68
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
If you boil it down, I think that this is a rant about the objectification of women in the media, only it centers around anime as the media form in question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Of course it is. :3 How else would it remain on topic?
Well, if we want to just have a debate about the "objectification of women in media", I'm sure there are other threads that are more focused on this issue, and don't start on such a confusing, misinformed, and inflammatory tone. While I'm glad that people have managed to keep things civil despite the starting point, I have to admit that I'm not too sure that the current discussion has too much to do with the topic at hand. Of course, part of the problem is because the issues the OP was really complaining about too don't really have much to do with the real heart of the issue.

Anyway the stated topic at hand is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai-Lang View Post
Anyways, there is a point to this thread. It's supposed to open up a discussion on whether Moe or not is declining the quality of anime, and also if it's objectifying to women.
The broader discussion about objectification of women (and other gender-driven portrayals) in media probably belongs elsewhere, though I don't know where off-hand. Otherwise, I think this thread is just going to continue veering off to who-knows-where (though that isn't to say the conversation doesn't have a place).

Regarding the specific point of this thread... is there more to be said at this point?