Thread: Licensed The Breaker
View Single Post
Old 2010-10-09, 20:36   Link #270
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
However, I think the deciding factor was Goomoonryong's decision of what to do with his disciple.

Loyalty to his master notwithstanding, the kid didn't deserve a life in exile, all of it spent running away from a society he was trying to fit in peacefully.

For Goomoonryong, it also gave him the invaluable opportunity to disrupt the endless cycle of a disciple having to shoulder the sins and burden of his disgraced/fallen master.

So in some way or another, it remained a win-win situation, though it'd be tinged with bitterness.
I agree with that, which is why I said it depends on Goomoonryong's perspective. What did he value more? Was it believing that Shiion is better off 'entirely removed' from Murim, by a mercy destruction of his ki center and future as a martial artist, or did he still value the fact that he was his disciple and a highly talented individual, and simply did a preemptive measure to protect him from Murim. ( but not entirely his well-being as martial artist ) Both has a positive outlook, just one is less extreme than the other.

Quote:
Spoiler for New Waves ch.1:
Just because it's only in title doesn't mean there aren't those who are trying to live up to some degree of loyalty behind it and help him. At the very least, it seems that KaShung and his rival had given up on trying to heal him out of futility. At least I believe the slint-eyes isn't trying to manipulate him, even if the old dogs of Sunwo are.

Quote:
That's assuming they meet again sometime very soon to execute an "exchange of knowledge". Right now I'm under the impression that she's taking a hike around the world, possibly with Goomoonryong.
Well, there's someone who looks quite... similar to an older Sosul in the sketches for New Waves... so maybe not too long.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote