View Single Post
Old 2007-05-18, 22:36   Link #76
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. You can't isolate the vocals from the music, since the vocals are the music. It's candy-pop rap.

2. Bought for name recognition? How about every second #1 hit anywhere in the world?

3. As poetry, the words are better than most pop songs. Just complex and bizarre, both in meaning and in syntax.

4. I just listened to the full version, sans images, and there is no reason except anti-otaku prejudice for Oricon to be embarrassed about this song becoming #1, when I think of other songs that have hit that spot. This isn't like them, but it isn't worse, just totally different.

There are quite a few photos from the shops of Akihabara in this post on Akiba Blog about the campaign (click photos to enlarge). And here are photos (left) of a poster of the words, and (right) of a display saying the aim is to get the OP to #1 on Oricon and for this store (Toranoana main store) to sell more copies than any store in Japan. It also says they're taking orders for the first DVD:

I don't think the proponents of the campaign are thinking of profits for KyoAni (of course the shops are thinking of profits for themselves), I think it's more like supporting a sports team: you want the team you support to win, and this is an aspect of winning. I have to say, however, that I will be amazed if they get anywhere near #1. The SHnY OP only got to #5, and my sense is that that was a much bigger hit than this show. But we'll see by next Thursday.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.