View Single Post
Old 2008-10-06, 09:58   Link #53
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling77 View Post
Yeah I don't think Luffy will defeat Ao Kiji as well, he is considered as one of the most powerful marines have. If Luffy beats him, then the story goes end, who else can beat Luffy? The existence of those powerful & unbeatable enemies made us anxious of what will happen and made OP always interesting to wait for.
With the revelation of the New World, there'll probably be no end of amazingly strong adversaries for the Strawhats.

Spoiler for "New World" Revelations:

Plus, we can't forget the return of old nemesis; Buggy, Smoker, and hopefully Kuro at some point will make returns probably rivaling the strength of the Strawhats themselves.

There is no shortage of admirable hostile forces mounted against the Strawhats. Aokiji's defeat would be an accomplishment, but not something that suddenly God-modes the heroes. Besides, just because he's defeated doesn't mean he won't make a comeback; both Buggy and Hachi have been shown to be doing just fine in the Grand Line even though they were defeated by a "lesser threat"(I think we all can agree that Luffy's strength at the beginning of the story was bare-minimum required to survive in the Grand Line)

Storywise though, I doubt they'll defeat Aokiji first. If they were to take down an admiral, it would be Akainu; he's got past issues with one of their crewmembers(Robin) and seems thus-far the most "Justice-oriented" individual and more likely to vigilantly pursue the Strawhats.
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote