View Single Post
Old 2013-02-07, 19:09   Link #1311
Leo Keichi

I watched 2 episodes of Tamako Market this week, and was very unimpressed. It just felt kind of shallow, like it was being made by a group of students who were assigned some homework and tried to get done with it quickly.

What I think is that KyoAni's animation used to be very good, when they were making the Key "trilogy", and Haruhi. But since then, there was a visible drop. It's easy to realize this when you compare the episode when Haruhi is singing God Knows with the last episode of K-On, when the band is playing.

Besides, there's also Lucky Star, for example. You can't really say it had amazing animation. It gets the job done, all right, but it's not difficult to get the job done with such a simplistic art style. And the same applies to Nichijou.

And one of my main beefs is that recently, every series they've been making feels "K-Onified", specially the character designs, which all look the same. I'm watching Little Busters nowadays, and sometimes I'm glad it's being made by JC Staff. The animation may not be in the levels of Clannad and Air, but it's still better than if it was being made by current-day KyoAni.