View Single Post
Old 2011-07-01, 15:43   Link #2245
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I just hope that some of they guys here tone down that hype (because best animated movie evur? I have seen much better). Because I was disappointed, and the other reason I did not rate it any lower is that the more hardlined fans here don't take "trolling" very well and I was not in the mood for a shitstorm. And compared to the guys at nihonreview, I was being nice.
If someone's opinion of a work can be that seriously affected by hype, I don't think their opinion is worth much at all. I mean, one should always form their own opinion first and take all others with a ton of salt until they've actually watched it.

Plus Nihon Review's writing on that movie was trash anyways; they might as well say "It's not Shinbo, it sucks", while ignoring that most people recognize that the best of the Nanoha franchise was definitely not the first season but A's which had nothing to do with him. It didn't stop them from namedropping Shinbo twice, while not explaining clearly what the fuck that has to do with anything.

The only other valid argument was that the movie lacked in originality, which I agree with, but you can't really spin that repeatedly into an argument. And yes the loli part I despise, mind you.

Yet, I see no mention of streamlining the plot, or excising things that broke the narrative in the original series. You know, like actual concrete arguments, instead of abstract standards of originality.

It still doesn't change the fact that this is probably the best entry in the Nanoha franchise since Strikers (to a lot of people), and admittingly, that's not much, but I'm sure you can understand why people would be pleased.

Every series has its ridiculous proponents. Madoka Magica has ridiculous fans that hype that series to the moon, and even though I can easily put that series in my top 5 (No Nanoha work is in my top 10), I can see that. So I wouldn't worry about this, at least for people who's opinions do matter.

Besides, aside from a few fanboys, I don't really see anyone being too ridiculous. Well, you could point to the poll, but every AS poll is like that when it comes to a special production.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-07-01 at 15:56.