View Single Post
Old 2010-05-28, 11:44   Link #231
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

that's where i disagree with you guys. as the first one to rebel (perhaps second, not enough development yet) Yuri has the chance to lay out the rules of the world, whether they're true or not. yes, she says you'll disappear if you do what you're supposed to do, but thus far, no one has actually disappeared from doing normal things. as far as we know, no one as even disappeared yet during the course of the show, minus Iwasawa, and that was from "finding her purpose" and not fitting in.

plus throw in all the subtle little hints like her subordinates telling her she's acting like a villain, her inability to accept Tenshi into the group during the fishing ep, her willingness to sacrifice her own club members to achieve what she thinks is the best course of action and probably other things from eps i've forgotten, and you've got a person who manipulated her way to her current position. if you honestly can't read between the lines and see that there was a reasonable chance that Yuri manipulated those around her to get to where she is, then i suggest you read some good literature because your interpretation skills aren't where they should be.

in short: she's bitter about what happened to her and will do anything to get back God. she realized that God doesn't exist in this world, and thus will get back at any authority figure. her sole purpose is to get revenge or justification for what happened to her in life, and she will use everyone around her as a means to do so.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.