View Single Post
Old 2011-05-20, 20:44   Link #20549
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
im painting and top coating all blue and black pieces, all other pieces are top coated only. i also painted the clear piece for the scope of the lupus beam rifle, the eyes (which was a HUGE pain in the behind by the way DX ) and the sensor at the top of the head on that same clear piece.
the black and the blue were the only original colors i had problems with, anyway. the blue of the plastic was a little bit too light in my opinion and the black was a weird mix of dark grey and blue, i didnt like that at all so i just painted them black^^
the right red wasnt in stock were i got the cans and there are very little red pieces anyway so i didnt bother painting those.
and since i always like the white of bandais plastic i didnt plan to paint that in the first place. that stuff looks good when its just top coated!
i also didnt paint the parts of the inner frame. i wont see 99% of it anyway, so why bother? :P besides, im all out of top coat now. used the whole 400ml can on the freedom.

so yeah, all in all the way i do it it isnt even that much work in the first place^^ just gotta throw some lining on the pieces tomorrow and im good to go.

edit: here, this piece is part of the wings:

pretty much all blue pieces look like that. im pretty happy with that color! it looks a little less dark in real life though, the photo is a tiny bit too dark because my phone camera sucks a little and the lighting in my room isnt the best at 00:30am^^

i used a flat top coat on all pieces by the way.
Nice job on the painting part, I hope you didnt flat coat the peices already, plus if the blue is a flat base paint you are going to have trouble with panel lines. If you are using gundam markers the markers will dry up fast cause its on a rough dry surface, so if you can put a gloss coat then panel line, top coat it back to flat you will get your affect and less trouble..

dunno if you did that already or knew?

Cheers.