View Single Post
Old 2012-02-13, 17:04   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's wonderful to see Mei and Kouichi growing closer day by day. At least one good thing came out of this whole business. Kouichi's little daydream was sooo good. I wish it had been real, but it would have been very out of character for Mei, especially since she seems to be taking her role seriously.

They didn't explained how she was chosen to be the non-existent person, but it appears nobody forced her to accept. I guess it was decided by lottery.

So, as we had hypothesized, the original Misaki was male and "Misaki" was his first name. No connection to Mei whatsoever. It was all just one big coincidence that served only to confuse us and Kouichi. The class trip turned out to be a red herring too.

The librarian explanation could have cleared a lot of stuff up, but it only confused me more: he said that when the year ends, the records go back to normal and the memories of the dead person are completely erased... so, how can he know that the ghost in 1996 was Mami Asakura when no traces of her existence in 1996 is left in the records nor in anybody's memories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I thought so too at first (and that was probably the intent, to make us suspect the possibility), but later recalled what the librarian guy was saying - the effects of this phenomenon don't extend much beyond Yomiyama. Simply leaving the city puts one outside the potential influence zone. Considering his old man is in India, he wouldn't perceive Koichi as alive if he was actually dead.
Kouichi's memories are the ones that have been altered then. I doubt his father would make such a huge mistake, and it's very suspicious that the phone started breaking up when Kouichi asked him for confirmation. The phenomenon at work? I think so. If it can manipulate memories and alter records, I reckon it can hijack a phone conversion as well.

Assuming that is the case, that means somebody close to Kouichi died more than a year and a half ago. Now, who could that be? The most obvious candidate is Reiko. If she died fifteen years ago around the same time as her sister, Kouichi never knew her. I'm not sure making him believe he lived in Tokyo his whole life is the most efficient way to edit Reiko into his life though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Or she's the "another"?

That bird keeps yelling "why?Rei?Why?" she could have dies 15 years ago,even if people's memory have been rewritten the bird still repeats what the parents said at the time.

Though the one thing against it is that she would somehow be back in a body that's 15 years older so I not sure if that works.
Another clue in this episode was what the Grandfather was saying when the family was discussing Ritsuko's death: "my poor Ritsuko, my poor Reiko..."

The biggest problem with this theory is that , well, Reiko isn't in Class 3 right now. I assume it could work if she were a teacher though, but as far as we know, she isn't.

The other most suspicious person at the moment is Ms. Mikami. We were told homeroom teachers and assistant homeroom teachers can fall victim to the curse. She was the homeroom teacher two years ago, a year we know the curse was active. She could have died back then, and it would explain why she was assigned to that class again.