View Single Post
Old 2015-03-27, 11:45   Link #11
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
I don't even know if this was really Tomino I mean I like the original Gundam and I loved Zeta even though they have some moderately questionable things that happen but NOTHING compares to how craptastic this show was.
Yep, it's really him. I'll post what I said in episode 23 thread here to answer your curiosity:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
All in all, G-Reco & Turn-A are perfect examples of series where nobody could hold back Tomino’s outburst of ideas and help him to slow/calm down and made the story more coherent. In MSG, Hajime Yatate and (to some extend) Yoshikazu Yasuhiko still able to “reign” or “control” him that the pacing is not as superfast with so much infodump left and right like G-Reco (even for Tomino’s series’ standards) and have a lot better characterization. Thank god Origin 1 is directed by Yasuhiko and Imanishi instead of Tomino again. Better to contain Tomino’s crazyness in his own brand new series.
And I still think this series is better than AGE. Why? because G-Reco really knows what it wants and totally aims for it (although it left the audience confused as a result). On the other hand, AGE doesn't seem to know what it wants to be, a grimdark war-story or a kid-friendly show. The result is a series where characters killed (and got killed) left and right due to war (which should be too much for kids) but the narrative itself is oversimplified to accomodate kids that makes many longtime Gundam fans bored or, worse, not caring and simply abandon the show. And don't even get me started on Kio...

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2015-03-27 at 11:56.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote