View Single Post
Old 2009-01-03, 08:41   Link #318
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, calling something a ripoff is all about perspective, because it's not as if the disc and all its packaging actually costs anything near what we pay to begin with. The objective here is to try to recover the costs of the anime production itself through the merchandise, so it's obviously going to be overpriced in the best of times
YOu can sum it up as "artificially high prices". And the extreme protectionism blocks any possible improvement in that field.

Quote:
It's a rip-off in the sense that you'll definitely be able to get it for cheaper elsewhere eventually, but I don't think it's particularly unfair that they try to ensure the "expensive version" is the best quality. People who invest in the anime production by purchasing the collector merchandise deserve to get something for their money...
Still, paying that much with no extras whatsoever is not something I'd call "good". Considering that the Blu-Ray version doesn't offer anything extra (for the first series anyway), it's hardly worth its price, no matter what you say. And I do like collector editions. But this is not. It's just a cheap way to rob people (same as the 2008 calendar, which offers no new material, just rehashes).
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote