View Single Post
Old 2009-02-25, 01:31   Link #94
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Soul Assassin”
Actually, in the CSR manga it is revealed that apart from being distributed in platoons and battling each other to determine their positions in inter-city matches they also have to take the normal curriculum like how the rest of the students do. They all study different streams of arts whilst being educated under one general curriculum, and that's from my assumption.
This is plausible and I agree. So Zuellni has a general curriculum that requires all students to follow and participate regardless their specialization (be it military, general arts, liberal arts or any other). Like college in general (Zuellni Academic/College City, DUH).

Well, each arts seems to have their own grouping as well. Example for military arts, seems like it’s divided into:

(i) military, which include soldiering and hence participate in inter-platoon city matches or defense of the city against Filth Bugs should the situation arises. So far they work as team in form of squad or platoon with number designation. This seems like the ‘elite’ class on the military arts specialization. Again this group is also divided into several role such as kei user (fon-fon, Nina) or nen-I user (Felli).

(ii) civil order, which is to maintain order within the city premises. I guess this is the city police where Narki fits in.

(iii) other, if there are any that we don’t know yet. Heck what if Heaven Blades are considered one man army and have a different role?

Now where does Harley fits in this. He’s with the Alchemic Research Lab, I’m guessing it’s also part of the military arts considering they seems responsible on research and developing dites, weapons for kei and nen-I users.

Anyway, I believe that other than military arts, each arts have their own grouping as well. We just don’t know it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Soul Assassin”
As for platoon match-ups, I think it's how you do battles and how you fare with it. If you have terrible kei control despite having a monstrous amount of it but still can manage battles greatly then you are already good, what's left is to hone your kei control to a better degree.
What immediately pops in my mind is this:

A guy with huge raw kei:

a. - He knows how to manage it, and wins matches = he’s good.
- He knows how to manage it, and lose matches = he’s bad.

b. – He doesn’t know how to manage it, and wins matches = he’s good.
- He doesn’t know how to manage it, and loses matches = he’s bad.

I guess this way it depends on the result, but somehow it would be unfair on point a if he loses lol. I’m still thinking about this anyway…..