View Single Post
Old 2010-08-18, 09:33   Link #294
KnightOfTwo

What I am curious about is how far exactly does the whole servants cannot be culprits go. Does this mean that they just cannot be the prime suspect, or they cannot commit any of the crimes at all? If they cannot commit crimes can they still provide an environment or assistance, knowingly or unknowingly, in which the prime suspect can commit crimes without any of the servants having actually committed any themselves?

I guess to put it another way, think of a trial. We know servants cannot be the prime culprit, so lets think of a murder for hire scenario. The one who hires the hitman and the hitman are both on trial. The hitman actually performs the murders, but the one who hired him is the "culprit" as nothing would have happened without their actions, i.e., the hiring of a hitman.

If both of these are ruled out, could we say they servants can be accessories to the murders. Like providing alibis for the murderer or for altering the conditions of the bodies, such as having the servants stake the corpses. Another way could be giving a killer means in which to kill someone without actually killing someone themselves, like giving them one of Kinzos guns or means to get one of Kinzos guns themselves.

I am just trying to figure out the proper way of applying the rule.