View Single Post
Old 2010-11-25, 03:17   Link #10030
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I was wondering how that last bit of part actually made any sense :

Quote:
"I mean this is the age of cutting age technology and we talk about how we're looking at everything they do from satellites," he said. "We should have started returning fire the minute they cranked up their artillery. I just don't get it."
If a satellite from orbital height can see an artilleryman adjust the azimuth from that distance, it would have been not from this age. Cutting edge technology doesn't mean neuromancer age, even the much bragged about HIMARs system in my country has to be pinpointed by a commando recon team.

And to return fire would be to restart a war. Satellite imagery still needs to be scrubbed and double-confirmed with the more reliable Humint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
*Sighs*

Again, the world thinks of DPRK as a "normal" country. It isn't, and it knows the mentalities of the average ROK citizen to not push it beyond the breaking point.

Mind you, I live in Seoul.
Now it is junior, who is a total noob to politics, taking charge. Who knows if he might suddenly come up with a stunt and start a skirmish?

Then again, he still has to see to the immediate affairs of the state to maintain the Kim dynasty. A random "show of force" might be latent enough to remind the world that NK is not to be invaded, and might not stand up to a full-scale invasion or counteract against it.

However, in this new century, if Un decides to open up NK for mining and investing, it is going to be a huge potential economic rival for SK. Lower costs, plenty of onsite available resources in the country, and with China supplying it with technology to build itself up, SK might have to be the subservient one to NK.

Though this may only happen in the next 30 years. By then we would be all 50-60 years and too old to care about world politics.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.