View Single Post
Old 2010-12-31, 01:42   Link #1
Ansalem
Speaker

AnimeSuki 2010 Choice Awards Nominations

Welcome to the Fourth Annual AnimeSuki Awards!

The time has come once again to pick the favorites/best shows of this year.

Rules:

-Everyone that registered before December 2010 is eligible to nominate and vote.

-Nomination ends on Saturday January 8th 2010 Midnight (EST or GMT - 5) A post will be made to announce the ending.

-Eligible series and OVAs must have ended airing/been released in 2010. It makes no difference when the show started but ongoing series are not allowed. Since this will probably come up, due to the decision to allow Bakemonogatari in the awards last year, even though the webisodes finished in 2010 it is not an valid choice for nomination. Short ONAs are included in the OVA section; series length ONAs are in series.

-Since most of AnimeSuki forum users don't live in Japan, movies may be nominated if their DVD/BD release was during 2010. This is a slight change from the previous year which allowed both movies that aired and were released during 2009. This change is to make sure that only movies that have had international availability will be eligible for voting. As a result, there are some movies that were up for nomination last year which may be nominated again but will make it so in the future movies may only receive nominations for a single year.

-In some cases, a show may have aired multiple seasons or had multiple releases during the same year. In order to avoid splitting the votes I strongly suggest that you simply vote for its first "season" and consider it as a whole. But it's up to you to decide what you do with your vote.

-Lastly please to do not edit or delete your post. The vote counting will be ongoing during the thread's life. If you are unsure about your vote, please wait until the end of the voting period rather than editing your vote. In other words: Make sure you are confident about your choices when posting. There is a list provided, read through it if you think there is something else that you would rather prefer. If you want to make a change, make a new post stating your old vote and your new vote so I can adjust the tally properly.

The Categories:

Upon the debate three years ago, there was questions rising where we should employ the term "best" or "favorite" in order to discern if one should vote with or without a bias opinion on his personal taste. Basically it is who "should" win against who do "you want" to win. While this form of pool is made for the members of the AnimeSuki forums, most of us remain fans of the industry. So I'm not going to ask you to put your "Oscar Judge" tag on and will simply leave the choice up to you. Odds are as long as this is an open vote popularity will play its role. Upon considering the feedback from last year, I have made some changes to the categories. Obviously, it is not possible to please everyone but hopefully the changes will have a beneficial effect on the awards.

-{A} Action

-{B} Adventure/Fantasy

-{C} Science Fiction

-{D} Mystery/Horror

-{E} Comedy

-{F} Romance

-{G} Drama

-{H} Slice of Life (I would like for voters to be careful when evaluating this category that can easily blend in with comedy and light romance/drama)

-{I} Fanservice

-{J} Sports/Game (Game here relates for a hobby related theme that might not quite fit as a "sport," i.e. Board game as Shion no Ou)

-{K} Storyline

-{L} Visual/Animation

-{M} Soundtrack (this includes all music from the anime)

-{N} Best Overall Television Series

-{O} Movie

-{P} OVA

-{Q} Male Character (Make sure to include the show for all character entries)

-{R} Female Character

-{S} Villain (To make it clear this means the "Bad Guy" and you are voting for him because you either like him or think he brilliantly played his role (nicely portrayed))

-{T} Worst Character (For the character that you hated the most or was (brilliantly) portrayed as despicable. I left this category in despite some misgivings because there were very adamant defenders of the category. We'll give it one more go)

How to nominate:

-You are allowed Three (3) choices in every category, One that will count as two (2) points and the others will count only as one (1)

-You do not need to vote for every category, or put up three choices per category, anything fewer is allowed.

-You can nominate the same anime more than once.

-Both favorite(and worst) Male and Female categories are about nominating characters, but you should include which series/movie/etc they are from.

-If not specified, the first choice you listed in a category will be considered the two (2) points nomination.

-For each category you can either write the letter [From A to T] or the category name as long as you keep it in the same order.

-Obviously, the ones that move on to the voting process are the ones with the most points at the end. Top 4 is usually selected unless there is a tie or very close match in which case there might be 5.

Tools:

In order to help you out. Here is a list of anime that ended in 2010. I will try to make it accurate. I pulled it mostly from AniDB, so the name may be listed in Japanese. If something is missing or is in the wrong place, feel free to mention it. If appropriate, I will add to the list. It should be fairly comprehensive. The most likely thing to be missing are movies released on DVD/BD in 2010 but aired in an earlier year.

It's up to you to determine which category you think a series belongs to. If you need more info on those series just look them up on AniDB or a similar database.

I strongly advise that you look it up before selecting.

Spoiler for 2010 Anime List::

Template to save you some typing. Just copy it or make your own, all good.

Spoiler for Template:

2009 Winners
2008 Winners
2007 Winners

Also, I am looking for a graphic artist who would like to create the banners for the winners. Last year no one volunteered, so there were only screen caps.

With that said, time to nominate!

Last edited by Ansalem; 2011-01-04 at 12:42.
Ansalem is offline   Reply With Quote