View Single Post
Old 2013-01-08, 00:10   Link #31568
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
The forehead smashing stake on Natsuhi's night table was what I thought the commonly accepted theory was.

I still don't know how she managed to kill herself in EP4 though now that I think about it...
Is forehead-smashing really the consensus? We're told several times about how difficult it'd be to drive a the conically shaped staked through a skull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qno2 View Post
Thought so too but... hey, I didn't want to go too much off-topic now.

In EP4: assuming that the grate is large enough for medium-sized objects to fall through it's just a pretty simple trick:
I don't remember the specific number, but Battler described the grate as having bars like 15cm apart or something close - that's more than enough room for a gun to fall through. In fact, it's even better than the EP2 Natsuhi's room case, because with the well the gun will certainly never be found, whereas in Natsuhi's room you just have to sort of hope he doesn't search everywhere (Rosa was probably instructed to prevent that, as described in our Confessions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
The others had fought.

I think Kyrie is just a sham, and is not as mentally prepared to carry out a mass murder as shown in Ep7 and 8.
As has been stated, she totally did fight back. She tried to fight the Siesta's in the Dining Hall, and then fought a few goats with Krauss. When the fought the stakes, it helps that she was armed, and the magic narrative had switched from "guns are totally useless" to "guns will rip through fantasy creatures like wet tissue'. And she slowed down time in EP6, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Don't misunderstand I could probably make a sound Rosa-culprit theory, yet there is one other rule to this game: Eva must survive.

I wish they'd just do Chiro as an anime, that would make things a lot easier to understand...
1. Eva's survival is just not even a rule, at all.
2. I dunno, a Chiru adaptation would be really hard to pull off well, since the plot becomes much more layered and hard to keep track of (lol, Chick-Beato suddenly popping into Featherine's study to read the old gameboards). I would recommend the manga, which is ALSO supposed to add more hints, and clears up several issues (for example, it's WAY WAY WAY clearer in the manga that Battler only witnessed 5 bodies in the shed, in legend)

Quote:
Don't forget that at least one character in this story has a multiple personality disorder, so even if you allow Erika to exist as a living entity she won't necessarily increase the number of persons on the island.
Lambda says in red that Erika does increase it by one person, though.
Also, Yasu ... does not have multiple personality disorder. Like, it's a verbal shorthand to kind of describe the situation, but I wouldn't call it MPD, at all.

Quote:
It is shown early that she always tried to get Maria's father to come back to them, who can't be battler since he was nine back then.
That was shown?

Quote:
The problem is that, in every story, Ange is allowed to live with someone taking care of her in a way that makes her want to solve what happened back then. If it was Kasumi(kyrie's siter) she'd be dead though.
Not necessarily. In worlds where Eva dies, she'd almost certainly end up with the Sumadera's (she was staying with Kyrie's parents during the conference after all, IIRC). And, she wouldn't have the same suspicions of the Sumadera's as she does of Eva, about why her other relatives died. There'd also be no need to kill her, because 1. They'd already control her inheritance until she came of age and 2. The Ushiromiya's were relatively broke in 1986, anyways - there's a lot less money that could even be stolen from her.

Quote:
Because there is one thing no one can really explain without arguments having more holes than a sponge: The letter and the knock.
There was no knock, or letter.

Quote:
Edit: huge oversight on my part due to not having read EP 8:

Rules for purple truth:
Are you trying to apply the rules of Bern's game to the entire story? I ... dunno if i'd recommend that.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote