View Single Post
Old 2007-10-16, 09:13   Link #60
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level E View Post

foo-san is a name you'll probably see a lot. When a douga is removed, the admins upload a douga in its place explaining the reason for removal. These douga are typically have foo-san (a staff member) playing a recorder flute in the background.
Spoiler for Well, if it's not needed...:

Oh, and there's also 工作 (manipulating) which in a niconico context tends to refer to ランキング工作 (manipulating the video rankings). By default the rankings will show that day's most "favourited" videos in descending order, and sometimes a group of diehard fans/people with no time will get together and purposely add it in their list for one day, remove it before the next day and then add it in again so it keeps staying in the rankings list, even though it may not actually be such an interesting video. For this reason I always look at the "playback" list because it's much more accurate for seeing what people are really interested in.

Maybe this should go to the otaku lingo discussion thread or the Niconico Douga thread in General Chat. I wouldn't mind helping people understand if there are any strange slang words/puns (that is, if I understand them myself... -_-) I could totally go on about the Fuchagi series of cat videos, but that's definitely not otaku lingo.