Thread: Nintendo 3DS
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-04, 13:31   Link #271
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I want a 3DS, I just don't think I'll get it on launch day. I want a PSP, too; mostly for MGS PW. Damn, if MGS PW went on 3DS, I could do without a PSP. That'd be nice.

Also, I don't get the skepticism like some people here. Yes, there is a possibility that this device could have lackluster sales, and an even smaller chance that it'll bomb, but there is a high chance it will succeed. I'd say there is a high chance it'll succeed to a great degree, even. The DS has sold over 100 million units. Like way over that amount. The DS is so popular. Hardcore gamers who tried it rave about how neat this portable is. Casuals will flock to it, like we've seen with the Wii and Kinect. You know a lot of casuals are going to want one because of the 3D display, and a lot of hardcore gamers are going to want one because it is the successor to the DS.

Someone made the point that we shouldn't assume this will do well and they mention the PS3. 3DS is on track to being 'another PS2' rather than another PS3 if you ask me. 3DS could do poorly, but if I was to bet money on how it'll do, I would bet that it'd do great.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2011-01-04 at 13:41.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote