View Single Post
Old 2006-02-17, 02:44   Link #33
suguru
京都 ikitai~

These would be my votes:

Favorite male seiyuu: Iwata Mitsuo (Gan-chan in Mini-Goddess, Marco in Shakugan no Shana, the mechanic guy whose name I forget in Stratos 4, and others...). Was born to play Gan-chan. Also cool because his voice is so distinctive, it's easy to tell parts he plays.

Favorite female seiyuu: Yui Horie (Kotori in Da Capo, Naru in Love Hina, Ayu in Kanon, Multi in To Heart, and a billion others) and Chiwa Saitou (Becky in Pani Poni Dash, Hazuki in Tsukuyomi, among others). Always been a sucker for Yui Horie voiced characters--somehow I wind up rooting for her character 90% of the time. Ayu and Multi in particular are just great characters and she voiced them perfectly.

Most impressive seiyuu: Yumiko Kobayashi (Excel in Excel Saga, Poemy in Puni Poni Poemy). She's so hyper it's enough to make your ears bleed--I don't think I could say her lines at half the speed or volume she can without seriously injuring myself. I remember hearing the US voice actress who worked on the dub for Excel Saga actually did injure her voice and someone else had to finish the series--trying to be like Kobayashi-san can be bad for your health. It's hard to imagine how anyone could come across as that hyper without mainlining espresso by the gallon, but Kobayashi does it. Listening to her voice all the time would drive me insane but the roles she does she gives more energy to than any other actor, actress, or seiyuu I've ever seen.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote