View Single Post
Old 2012-07-11, 10:25   Link #3
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Given the scale of the threat, I myself have wondered why nukes aren't being used. I have a few ideas for why they're not being used:

1. They were never invented in this reality. This show does have an AU Earth history, after all. While it's much more advanced than real world Earth in some ways, maybe it's actually less advanced in some others.

2. There seems to be more unity amongst the nations of the Earth in this show. So maybe nobody wants to irradiate the backyard of one of his friend's, even if that would put a serious hurt on the BETA.

3. Maybe the BETA are immune to nuclear radiation. It's like that old joke - If there's a worldwide nuclear war, the only life left surviving will be the cockroaches.
1. Nukes do exist in the BETAverse, and it's likely true that they aren't as advanced as nukes in today's world.

2. There actually is a lot more unity, since they do have a common enemy. But their strategies against that enemy conflict a lot, with some groups wanting to use special technology to fight the BETA head on, and others wanting to bomb the hell out of them. So while there aren't much of outright wars between countries, there is much political tension and sneaky underhanded tactics going on.

3. I think they are immune to radiation, or at least largely unaffected. But they can be easily killed by the force of a nuke.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote