Thread: Licensed Tamako Market
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-25, 13:50   Link #677
Warm Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I'm not asking for some deep plot with dark skeletons, just something so it wouldn't be plain episodic.
I'm pretty sure it will have some sort of narrative arc or bigger conflict, since there are a lot of set ups throughout these 3 episodes. They're more about introducing the cast and the atmosphere of the market to the viewer, I thought it was done rather well in this episode having not only one but two outsiders (Shiori and the teacher) going into the market and being welcomed by its inhabitants in a warm and lively manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Taichi Ogawa still is an animator but he's one of the two 'rookies' who began to direct since Hyouka. His Hyouka #12 was nice but I think his most notable work is his storyboard of Chu2koi #11 which was neat with the direction done by Eisaku Kawanami who began direction with Nichijou episodes (we may have a Tamako Market episode by him).
The other rookie is Rika Ota and I thought it was her the first time I saw this Tamako Market episode (such femininity & neck shots!) since I forgot what episode she had to direct (it's actually episode 5). Both Ogawa and Ota approximately entered KyoAni at the same time during Lucky Star era so that may explain why they have in common this refined style. Two promising talents!
So far I've liked what Ogawa has done more than Ota, her Hyouka 20 was more of a Chise Kamoi achievement for me, really nice drawings and expressions in there complementing the storyboard.
The two rookies seem very much a product of Kyoani's school, their directing style and storyboards are in the vein of most of the studio's work, if a bit unrefined still. I would really like it if they developed into a more individual style like Takemoto has done over the years, he is the single most interesting director at the studio for me. I hope Takemoto gets to direct an episode of Tamako Market, or at least Hiroko Utsumi who is also very good.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote