View Single Post
Old 2018-08-06, 15:07   Link #253
Zefyris
図書館狼

Finally up to date with the sequel. That's quite the different style compared to the first series, so I agree with the idea of making it a sequel 1 to 6 (and more) rather than continuing numbering it 6 to 11.
Would be surprised if we don't have at least 3-4 more volumes before the sequel ends btw, there's too much remaining to solve. We can always get a surprise but that would be kind of weird after how long it took to solve only one of the three problems they're facing. So the good news is that this good series is not yet near its ending.
Also the rumour (well the author kind of said it indeed, buthe just said we're getting closer of it, not that we'll reach it yet) that volume 6 is catching up with the final events of sukasuka vol 5 is wrong. We're still at the very least a few years away and there's no way we time skip now, one of the two remaining problem has like a one month time limit to be solved and the last one has a less than 2 years limit. We're getting closer, sure, but I don't expect to reach it before volume 9ish, and that will also probably be the end of sukamoka whenever we reach it.

BTW I expected a bit of animation in this thread with the first volume being published by yen press a week ago, but nothing, that's a bit disappointing. Well I guess new readers are better staying away from this thread due to massive spoilers beign written everywhere in there though, so can't blame them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
I know this is going to be published in english soon... I was curious but I don't usually like sad stories, specially if the ending is sad. Should I stay away from here?
Well yes the ending (and not just the ending) is sad. It's clearly not a happy story overall (and before anyone say "but but the last scene of sukasuka volume 5...." we don't know what it means yet. Almost everything right now is still mere hypothesis about it, even after 6 volumes of the sequel). If it's not your kind of story, probably better staying away from this one.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2018-08-06 at 17:01.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote