View Single Post
Old 2012-03-13, 04:55   Link #85
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Also, about "science".

While "how do we receive visual input" has been proven. "how do we see" is a different matter. The brain, and the way it interprets visual input, is a ridiculously complex thing. If we just assume for a second that the brain has capabilities beyond the "normal", then maybe it's not the eye itself that sees death, but it's the eye's presence that causes the person to see death.
Incidentally, I don't dispute the "science" behind Mei's extra vision. In fact, if I were to hazard a guess, I would suggest that the tumour in her left eye may have affected her optic nerves, thus changing the way her brain perceives what her remaining eye "sees".

What I'm wondering is how Mei is supposedly able to see through her glass eye alone, as she was portrayed doing in this episode. There shouldn't be any nerve connection between the orb and her brain, so she shouldn't be able to "see" through it alone. I suspect the scene wasn't in the original material and is more likely a blooper on the animators' part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allium View Post
Izumi's dream shown at the beginning of the episode gave more support to Izumi's statement to Kouichi in one of the previous episodes, that she had met him somewhere before. I can't find a link between the two yet, since it's somehow confirmed by Mei that Kouichi isn't the Another, and while Izumi is one of those whom I suspect to be the Another, I'm still skeptical.
Oh come on, why is everyone being so harsh on Izumi just because Ms Twintail Tsundere chose to be a bit mean this episode?

Like I suggested, I really don't think it's her. The Other is very likely to be a boy this year, and very possibly the same guy from 1983 that Matsunaga accidentally "killed".