View Single Post
Old 2013-04-08, 11:41   Link #179
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

True. It is more likely AW is just paying homage to SAO. I am just keeping an open mind regarding the relationship between these two works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
Edit: And adding on:

As far as original material is concerned, SAO is 99% complete, because Kawahara only had WEB Alicization written up to the final part when he got the call to serialise SAO. AW has been hinted to go up to V20 and then some, adding in Side Stories, Bonus material, and OVAs. To SAO fans who bash AW, I don't care what your reasons are as long as you realise, you're attacking from the perspective of a complete storyline, and looking down on an incomplete storyline. In my eyes, that's Dwayne Johnson put in the ring with a 13-year-old nerd who's still having a losing streak record, learning to box the hard way. So long as you realise the inherent unbalance between the series, just bash merrily on knowing the respective storylines aren't changing at the end of the day.

In fact, if all your information about SAO was from watching is the anime, and you're comparing based on that, then I don't even. The anime is an adaptation, Stacia-damn-it.
You know some AW fans bash SAO just as much SAO fans bash AW as well. It's just that AW fans tend too be less numerous or vocal. In any case, AW can still continue on further while SAO is more or less reaching its end.